- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 11 Nov 2015 15:37
- Project duration (approx.)
- 10 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1400 / day
- Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing, Utilities
- Area of expertise
- Engineering, Strategy
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are looking for a hydro energy expert to help with strategic planning of a hydro energy company in Africa.
The scope of work is as follows:
1) Phase 1 - Development of a Strategic Plan to include the following elements at a minimum:
a. Conduct a visioning process that includes the Board, Executive Management, Plant Managers, and Departmental Heads.
b. Conduct data collection and analysis. This includes but not limited to conducting an internal and external scan, i.e., looking at or reviewing the Company’s resources, regulators, other stakeholders, strengths, weaknesses, potential for growth, transformation of assets including human capital.
c. Communicate planning process with Company to maintain transparency among all stakeholders.
d. Produce a written document that is a comprehensive strategic plan reflecting the information and feedback collected and including all essential elements of a Strategic Plan and a Five Year (5) Road Map for implementation.
2) Phase 2 – Development of department level operational or action plans that link to the Strategic Plan to include the following elements at a minimum:
a. Provide a thorough review of the Strategic Plan to improve understanding and usefulness of the Strategic Plan with selected department staff.
b. Facilitate exercises with department staff to develop actions and metrics to meet the goals of the Strategic Plan.
c. Develop a consistent structure for department level plans.
d. Assist department’s with methods to use operational/action plans to develop department budgets.
3) Phase 3 – Develop a process and format to provide a Companywide annual report to Board of Directors Executive Management and staff; and to update the plan as needed to include the following elements at a minimum:
a. Procedures or standards for evaluating and reporting outcomes from each department to track implementation of the Strategic Plan and monitor performance.
b. Suggested format(s) for a written annual report and methods to communicate the update.
c. Procedures for updating the Strategic Plan and the department plans.
The expert should come with both technical and strategy background in hydro energy.
Experience in Africa is preferable.
The project can be conducted remotely and will take 5-10 days.