Objectives and Key Deliverables
Role Value Proposition: The VP and Corporate Controller position will be tasked with the oversight of the Company’s accounting functions, including corporate accounting, tax, accounts payable, SEC reporting and the overall ICFR controls structure. This individual will be leading the monthly, quarterly and annual close and reporting processes as well as being responsible for accounting policies, practices and controls, incorporating the latest GAAP and public company accounting and reporting guidance. This individual will work closely with the Operations Controller, operations team and executives in analyzing and understanding financial results and in maintaining an effective controls structure.
• Develops strategy for and directs general and property accounting, cost accounting, tax accounting and financial reporting.
• Responsible for preparation and distribution of periodic financial statements for internal and external reporting and periodic and transactional SEC reporting.
• Ensures that all reports and disclosures comply with applicable GAAP, including government regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies and are disseminated in a timely and accurate manner.
• Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value.
• Evaluates accounting and internal control systems and takes all necessary actions for an effective controls environment.
• Provides information to the CFO and CEO to facilitate financial needs of the organization.
• Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and external impacts.
• Responsible for the activities of the Transactional Accounting Group, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Manages, motivates, coaches and ensures the development of a quality accounting staff with strong succession planning in place.
• Responsible for initiatives and projects aimed at the automation and increased productivity around the management of the Company’s accounting and financial processes.
• Responsible for coordination of activities of external auditors.
• Interacts with and presents to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• B.A. / B.S. degree in accounting is required. Advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting is preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant
• Strong knowledge of GAAP, business processes and internal controls.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in accounting or auditing roles
• “Big Four” experience preferred
• Experience in a public company environment
• Advanced written/oral communication and presentation skills.
• Strong record of success in leading business growth
• Accomplished change management leader, able to operate effectively
• Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
• Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external perspective to meet local and organization wide needs
• Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives
• Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities
• Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage
• Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards
• Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
• Grows Talent – Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
• Models Our Values – Creates a culture that promotes values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions
• Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
• Direct reports/team: 5
• Key Stakeholders: CEO, COO, CFO, Operations VP’s, VP & Operations Controller