- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 29 Sep 2016 13:05
- Project duration (approx.)
- 5.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- £2000 (fixed cost)
- Consumer Goods & Services, Retail
- Area of expertise
- Consultant location
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are looking to enagage a consultant with experience in warehouse operations and warehouse models for the retail industry.
Industry familiarity with a leading food or non-food retailer (such as a UK-wide supermarket, electrical or hardware retail) is required.
Warehouse in this capacity refers to the area of the premises adjacent to the sales floor, which may be used for delivery, storage, racking and/or other administrative and logistical purposes.
Project objectives include:
- On a high-level, developing insights into warehouse best practices.
- Understanding the process dynamics between any business units involved, which may include supply chain, trading, online sales, etc.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of models and metrics involved in warehouse operations. If possible, a granular documentation of the data and metrics used in warehouse operations would be ideal.
Alternatively, we may engage the consultant on a smaller scale, seeking to just interview them for their existing insight and knowledge.
Report and/or PowerPoint presentation (~10 slides) containing insights into warehouse best practices, operations and models. Ideally, also a documentation of warehouse models, and quantitative inputs and outputs.
Alternatively, a short interview to capture their existing knowledge.
Experience at a leading retailer, specifically warehouse operations, planning or modelling, and industry familiarity with supermarkets, electrical / hardware retail and similar, is required.