- Project status
- Project start date
- 1 Oct 2018
- Project posted
- 17 Sep 2018 12:30
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$640 / day
- Level of Experience
- Food & Beverages
- Area of expertise
- Data Analytics
- Consultant location
Objectives and Key Deliverables
* Please submit your proposal by 18 September.
** This project is in Dubai, UAE. If you are outside of Dubai, all expenses will be covered for relocation and your time there.
One of the leading catering companies in the MENA region, providing specific type of catering and support services to over 130 companies across the globe is looking
A) To develop a Business Intelligence repository to capture price, all cost types & sales volume movements
B) To develop Interim pricing solution for pricing data modelling, pricing process automation supported through central pricing repository
Pricing department of our Company wants to analyze the trend of price, cost (Current, F, FF) & sales volume across continuous period of the past years and going forward, broken down in months at a SKU/BoM level comprising all the relevant details pertaining this specific sector, Loading scale etc.
For this purpose, it is proposed to maintain above information in Business Intelligence database (OLAP), wherein complete breakdown of Sector wise / Product / BOM wise details of Price, Volume, Cost (Current, F, FF) is maintained.
1) REPOSITORY OF PRICE, COST & VOLUME: SCOPE
Below is the high-level scope of work
1) To understand the report & dashboard requirements of Pricing Department
2) Document the requirement & get the same approved from Pricing Department
3) Develop system design document & get it signed off from Pricing Department
4) Develop scripts to extract the required data from JD Edwards
5) Develop data marts to store the data in Oracle Business Intelligence repository
6) Develop reports and dashboards as per user requirements
7) Perform unit testing to confirm new developments are as per business requirements
8) Organize User Acceptance Testing to get sign off on the new developments
9) Deploy the new developments to Business Intelligence Production
10) Create repository of historical data of price, cost & sales volume
2) PRICE DATA MODELLING & PROCESS AUTOMATION: SCOPE
Currently all of the Ad-Hoc pricing and regular price requisitions are performed outside of the system as a manual activity. The Methodology incorporated is refined and can be easily automated through simple technology solutions. This immensely supports in reduced Turnaround Time, focus on accuracy and Revenue optimization.
High-level scope of work
1) Centralize all pricing related details in to one single repository (Pricing Data Mart)
2) Future proofing on the price determination strategies and providing tracker on all the activities to support the audit and Financial compliances
3) Automation of data analysis currently carried out manually by pricing team to determine new price for items
4) Create models to summarize and consolidate pricing data recorded in multiple tables
5) To arrive at layouts of reports & dashboards from Business Intelligence
To achieve this we require resources with below skill sets for a period of 6 months
- Programmer who can understand the requirements from business & build workflows & models using VB, MS Access & Excel.
CLARIFICATION on Programmer's background
- What programming technology will he be working on Dot Net or Java or any other programming language?: Excel Modeling (Macros) with VB programming and Databases skills. Having to create tools on web using Dot Net is good to have, but not mandatory.
- Is he necessarily from the Pricing Background or anything is fine?
Not necessarily pricing skills, however should at least have a basic understanding of pricing is always good. The candidate should possess very strong analytical skills. Who can understand the concepts and can slice & dice the data and create models.
BUDGET: Flexible for the right candidate