- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 15 Dec 2017 12:13
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- £500 / day
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Area of expertise
- Operations, Sales / Business Development, Strategy
- On-site in Israel
Objectives and Key Deliverables
I run the boutique arm of a middle eastern chain but am struggling to develop an operations model that deals with seasonal peaks and troughs. A major event recently led to overbooking and our client NPS dropped severely.
Although overbooking is not unique to our hotel in this region, we had a very difficult situation with a young couple who had to be turned away. And as we were unable to provide them with accommodation, the negative feedback meant we missed a large party booking from the local sheep society. We want to make sure that this doesn’t impact on what is traditionally our best season.
You will be required to develop an optimization model that includes efficiency and profitability recommendations, including
• booking systems that welcome faithful, joyful and triumphant guests;
• deal with fluctuations in exchange rate (we were recently delighted to welcome three members of a foreign royal family who insisted on paying goods in kind);
• increase our star rating on review sites;
• investigate the possibility of a converged model with a local maternity unit.
We would like you to include in the proposal how these improvements will also restore our brand reputation (one site called us the ‘no room at the’ chain), and potentially create new lines of business to provide luxury accommodation in traditional farm environments.