- Project status
- Project start date
- 8 Sep 2019
- Project posted
- 23 Aug 2019 10:08
- Project duration (approx.)
- 4.0 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- US$736 / day
- Level of Experience
- Agriculture & Fishing
- Area of expertise
- Consultant location
- Spanish (Essential) , English (Nice to have)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a foundation that supports and empowers disadvantaged people across the world through social impact investments and grant programmes. We are seeking a strategy consultant to evaluate the commercial potential of the product and the viability of creating an independent business that produces and sells nutritional solutions for ruminants (bales of forage and pellets based on oats, alfalfa and other agricultural inputs) for consumption and sale to agricultural producers in Peru, with a particular focus on larger-scale producers and ranchers in Lima and its surroundings.
The fund we are working with has incubated and supervised on a small scale a project of production and commercialization of fodder and nutritional products with the objective of providing food solutions for small farmers who raise cows and sheep in the highlands of Peru. Due to the shortage of food, these products help the animals improve their milk productivity, thus increasing the income and consequently the quality of life of the farmers.
1. Estimation of the size and value of the potential market for this type of products.
- Make a market study through interviews with current and potential clients.
- Mapping of direct and indirect competition for this type of products, detailing the characteristics and competitive advantages of each competitor, as well as the market size they serve.
2. Technical review of the product and proposal of the viable product by type of customer.
- Research based on agricultural experts to analyze the nutritional quality of the product and the possibility of increasing the nutritional quality at a sustainable cost.
- Coordination with the potential demand side to consider price elasticity in the formulation of the optimal nutritional product.
3. Detailed cost of the viable product.
4. Proposal of pricing strategies for the viable product by type of customer and product.
5. Proposal of marketing and distribution strategies.
- Take a field trip to evaluate the existing production, distribution and sale system.
6. Proposal of the ideal business model to achieve economic viability.
- Estimation of investment needs and business value through the projection of cash flows taking into account assumptions of costs and prices validated in the previous points.
1. Must be based in Peru
2. Minimum of 2+years experience as a management consultant at a recognized firm
3. University or postgraduate studies in industrial engineering, business administration or similar.
4. Ability to obtain and analyze information from different sources.
5. Ability to learn quickly about the agricultural industry and the specific characteristics of the sector and integrate them into the analysis.
6. High capacity for economic, financial and sustainability analysis.
7. Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
1. Document or presentation that responds to each of the specific objectives, including an executive summary either in Spanish or preferably, English.
2. Financial model in Excel detailing the analysis of costs, prices and profitability of the business.