- Project status
- Project start date
- 27 Aug 2018
- Project posted
- 27 Jul 2018 05:04
- Project duration (approx.)
- 4.0 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- US$800 / day
- Level of Experience
- Utilities / Energy Generation
- Area of expertise
- Business / Process Transformation
- Consultant location
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
The Kaer Way: Scale in a secure and safe way to deliver the same quality and brand experience to every customer
Kaer was established in 1993 as a typical air-conditioning contracting company. Over 20 years Kaer built hundreds of systems for large commercial and industrial buildings (not residential) and offered a wide range of products and services from design, to construction, to Service & Maintenance.
In 2015 Kaer launched a revolutionary business model called Kaer Air, and now sells air-conditioning as a service (product as a service model). In just 5 years, the rapid expansion of this new business model has resulted in Kaer having $70M of assets under management serving a portfolio of buildings across 3 countries (Singapore, India and Malaysia). Kaer currently serves 15 buildings and forecasted growth is expected to scale up to 50 sites across the region in the next three years
To ensure Kaer's DNA and Brand is not diluted as we scale and enter new markets, we must define, communicate and follow SOP’s so every asset is managed The Kaer Way.
The existing operational and financial policies and procedures were designed based on previous business model and organization structure which may not be suitable to the current business model (product as a service) and support future growth. The business processes are also currently Singapore-driven and Singapore-executed rather than locally executed by Kaer teams on the ground.
Therefore, it is required to review and update the existing operational and financial policies, procedures and practices of Kaer’s business process and develop improved and/or new policies, procedures and best practices (“SOP”) in line with Kaer business model and values. The SOP shall enable Kaer to deliver its promise to the customers with the same standard quality everywhere Kaer operate its business.
- An inception work plan within 2 weeks of commencement of the assignment
- Process Mapping
- Clear and simple documentation of SOP
- Training workshop on the new SOP
- We also need help around suggestions and implementation of software and tools to make a business selling product-as-a-service/SaaS efficient.
- Expertise in manufacturing or production line businesses
- A strong emphasis on execution
- A proven track record in working with rapidly scaling businesses to ensure consistent quality and brand in multiple markets.
- We are NOT looking for someone from an aircon company. We are more interested in those from product/software as a service companies.
DURATION & FEE: Please submit the duration and your fees in your proposal.